Network Rail will be working on the lines around Bristol area to reduce congestion, cut journey times, increase capacity and improve reliability from January 2019.
From Friday 30th March through Tuesday 3rd April inclusive, no train services will operate from Weston, Weston Milton or Worle to Bristol or London. A replacement bus service will operate on the line from Weston to Bristol and surrounds.
No trains will call at Bristol Temple Meads so trains to London will start from Bath or from Taunton. More details on the link below.
We strongly recommend that you check your journey before you travel.
Friday 30 March (Good Friday) – Tuesday 3 April inclusive
- trains won’t call at Bristol Temple Meads
- trains to and from London Paddington will run as normal from Taunton and Bristol Parkway
- if you can, travel between London Paddington and the West of England via those stations, instead of Bristol Temple Meads
- trains will run between London Paddington and Bath Spa, but will be reduced to one an hour
- parking at Bristol Temple Meads will be reduced before, during and immediately after work takes place; please try not to travel to the station by car
- between London Paddington and South Wales, will run as normal with two an hour from Bristol Parkway
- between London Paddington and the West of England via Taunton, will run to an amended timetable
- between London Paddington and Bristol Temple Meads / Weston-super-Mare, will start and terminate at Bath Spa and reduced to one train an hour
- between London Paddington and Cheltenham Spa, trains will run between Cheltenham Spa and Swindon, where trains run to/from London Paddington; direct services will run as normal on Tuesday 3 April
- between Cardiff Central and Taunton, trains will run between Cardiff Central and Bristol Parkway, where buses will run to/from Taunton; alternatively, buses will also run between Bristol Parkway and Weston-super-Mare where trains will run to/from Taunton
- Cardiff and Portsmouth Harbour, trains will run between Cardiff Central and Bristol Parkway, where buses will run to/from Bath Spa for trains to/from Portsmouth Harbour
- between Gloucester and Weymouth / Westbury, trains will run between Gloucester and Bristol Parkway, where buses run to/from Bath Spa for trains to/from Weymouth/Westbury
- between Worcester Shrub Hill and Bristol Temple Meads, trains will be amended to start and terminate at Cardiff Central instead of Bristol Temple Meads
For full details visit here.